to the Schola Latina Online Henle Latin Class
Thank you for your interest in the Schola Latina online Henle Latin Class. The Schola Latina Online Latin Class is a Latin I course which aims to give students an appreciation for the richness of the Latin language and for the cultures which made use of it. The class focuses on grammar and vocabulary, and additionally incorporates many of the cultural elements surrounding Latin to give students a fuller and more complete experience of the language.
Why the Henle Latin series?
The Henle Latin series provides a thorough, grammar-focused introduction to the Latin language with an extensive vocabulary of both secular and Christian Latin. Whether your motivation is to read Sacred Scripture, Caesar, Thomas Aquinas, or Cicero, the complete Henle course will prepare you to read original Latin works. The book is straightforward, easy to understand, and proceeds in a logical manner. Of the many Latin courses with which I am familiar, this series is the best by far.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of the class, you will have an extensive vocabulary and you will know all five noun declensions; all six indicative verb tenses, both active and passive; how to decline adjectives and personal pronouns; the four subjunctive active verb tenses; and much more.
What is the Class Schedule?
The morning class will meet on Mondays and Thursdays at 12 pm EST (noon), and the evening class will meet on Mondays and Thursdays at 7 pm EST, beginning September 5, 2013, and running through December 19. The second semester will begin January 6, 2014, and run until May 22. Each class will be one hour long. If there is enough interest, I would consider adding an additional class to the schedule as well. Please let me know in the contact form below.
Unable to Take the Class at That Time?
You can still have the benefit of a private instructor even if your schedule forces you to attend only once a week or sporadically. I will make all the instructional material for each class available to you by the end of that day’s lesson so you can keep pace with the class and still have feedback on your homework assignments. And of course you can email me with questions at any time.
What is the class format?
What Will I Need for the Class?
You will need the Henle Latin I Textbook, the Henle Latin Grammar book, and flashcards.
What is the Cost of the Class?
The cost is $350 per semester ($10/class). Payment can be made monthly or by semester. Details will be emailed to you upon signup.
Why Should I Take the Schola Latina Online Henle Latin Class?
- Learning a language is more fun with other people
- Learning Latin in a class setting helps you stay focused and dedicated
- Your Latin questions can be answered right away
- The small class size means you get the individualized attention of a private instructor at your pace
- This class is ideal for self-learners of any age
- This class is ideal for home-school students following a curriculum that uses this textbook
- This class will prepare you to read both Christian Latin authors and secular Latin authors
- You will also experience the art, music, technology, mythology, and cultural points of interest that will enrich your study of Latin and make the Latin language really come alive.
(or contact me with questions)
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you’re interested in taking the class. We may be able to resolve any potential difficulties.